jekel

Is damper/silencer needed for ISV?

Looking at the sliencer damper for ISV a while back looked like foam stuff inside was starting to break down, well it was'nt totally full (suppose have to look at new one to compare), anyway being a practical bloke I simply removed it and rerouted pipes so no ISV but no damper/silencer.

Bit noisier but ran fine on old engine, now got new engine in it, running perfect from start, but just started giving trouble on tickover, only that initial second after taking foot of throttle when it's warm, if blip throttle to avoid that initial dying second it's fine.

Anything to do with lack of silencer, does it do anything other than, well silence?

Only other thing diff. at mo hasn't got a rear oil sender on filter housing, one that does the MFA, was leaking and Europarts gave me wrong one, so just got a front pressure one in unconnected purely to plug it.

Have 2 ISV's tried both, both seem perfect, have spare blue temp sensor, swapped that, again both testing ok, made no diff., every sensor new on old engine within last 1000 miles and swapped onto new one, only thing slightly suspect is Lambda wanted Bosch one, gave me one that ran so rough had to disconnect, ended up with an FAE or something, never 100% happy with.

MAF isn't new but never gave any sign of bother, looked newish when got car bout 3 years ago.

Soon as got foot down pulls perfect.

MFA is saying MPG plummetted, especially when cold, not sure it's as bad as it's reading, maybe lack of oil sensor screwing it up?

With new eengine MPG was ave. bout 27, vast improvement on old eengine, mid 30's steady run, now dropped to 20-25.

Any ideas?