brice017

vr6 will not start (does not engage starter). Not ignition switch, not starter.

As title states, I have done a lot of reading and spent the entire day fiddling with the car.

Car lights up, ABS/Fuel pump, etc engage but car does not crank

Have had a good battery attached to the car

Rigged the vehicle to bypass the ignition switch by hot shoting the car, with negative results. Eliminates ignition switch

http://www.corrado-club.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4687

Pulled the positive lead to the starter solenoid and put on a multimeter, which did not elicit a reading when key turned. Rules out starter/solenoid.

All relays appear to be seated, all fuses appear to be in functional condition.

What am I missing. Why is the starter not getting power?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mine had green corrosion on the positive and neg battery connections clean both of them up and check earth point behind battery. Do you get a click from the starter when you turn the key and try and start the car? If so the above solved my problem.

After 8 hours of frustration and a wife questioning why I did not just buy a new car; found the problem.

A week earlier I had managed to fix all my other electrical issues and re-installed the fuse box in its locked position. Afterwards I started the car to verify functionality.

Turns out that one of the 12 gauge red wires, I think where the 40 amp fuse is, was at a 90% angle and was not making contact.