rogeroo

B5 passat 288 front calipers

my friend is wanting brakes like mine, so he has got the above front caliper and carriers and we are wondering if they will work with mk4 discs, the passat discs will not work, as the offset and pcd are all wrong.....cheers Alan

if you find a B5 Passat with 288mm discs, the caliper and carrier will bolt onto the front off your corrado, and you still use mk3 VR6 discs and pads....result!

Be careful - the carriers will work fine but the calipers on some B5's have different brake hose positions and some of them have different piston sizes (not your Corrado 54mm diameter) which make things tricky when it comes to matching master cylinder sizes and getting brake hoses to fit.

cheers for that....brake hoses have fitted and seem ok when turning lock to lock....will see how it goes with mc....i have read that pedal travel will be greater, so if that becomes a factor then we will change it...cheers for the heads up

No worries, it could be that you've got the right calipers because there are some that are right but some of the others aren't - I think it depends on what sort of B5 they came from. If yours are working then happy days :-)

I've made that error before. I got some galaxy callipera and the mc wasn't powerful enough for them so it just kept locking the rear wheels up before doing anything on the fronts,

Should of done some more research

There are people that have fitted 4 and 6 pot callipers on here, with the standard mc, and say that they worked, but just had more pedal travel! how would that be?