Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tony

Which Boost Gauge?

Hi

I'm thinking about getting the above. Anybody got any recommendations?

Make? Model? And best place to pick one up?

From what I can see the install is very simple.

I already have the volt and oil pressure so need somewhere to house it.

Again recommendations please.

Would I be correct in saying this would be the one of best ways to make sure your charger is nice and healthy. I.e. loss of boost pressure one of the signs its time for a rebuild.

I do check for oil in the boost pipe once a month.

Comments suggestions please and thanks.

i need this 2,should we consider a group buy?i preffer the side mount,looks nice

i need this 2,should we consider a group buy?i preffer the side mount,looks nice

Do you know where the side mount pods can be found?

I recall a company that will do custom made ones but only if you order a certain amount. I not so sure about the web site. Think it may be on my work PC. Also think someone on the egroup got the link from one of the seat forums.

I'd be up for a group buy on these.

Low G not sure what you mean what trip?

Baz do you have a side mount pod or one similar to the TIM mounting pod?

Sorry if I'm being thick :?

Low G not sure what you mean what trip?

Baz do you have a side mount pod or one similar to the TIM mounting pod?

Sorry if I'm being thick :?

i meant trim,sorry. That one is just so plane with no back light or nothing.

Ahh :thumb right:

No back light well spotted :shocked!:

No pics of the mounting pod from power eng?

Can you get them so as they only show the boost? I like that guage as it says PSI and not Turbo as a few I have seen have this. The other reading is not necessary for the G60 is it. (Again sorry my knowledge of these things is very poor) :oops:

I just like driving mine. But I'm learning :D

I actually posted up here about a custom gauge pod, actually expected you to answer to it! Since though, i have actually noticed something. The gauge pods i've seen this guy make, and they are really good were all plastic/vinyl. Unfortunatly, the C seems to have a thin skin of soft vinyl unlike a SEAT, Ford or Punto, so dont know if it would be possible. A Guy named Gus did e-mail me, we were interested and needed another 3 people, i asked him to find out about this issue and he just never got back to me.... :scratch:

ok here are most companies in uk that do them

http://www.lemansmotorsport.co.uk/motor ... auges.html

http://www.nissanpulsar.co.uk/misc.htm

http://www.speedgenie.co.uk/avonbar/instruments1.html

http://www.sca-racerally.co.uk/revotec.htm

http://www.nomadracing.co.uk/gauges.html

http://www.powerengineering.co.uk/subar ... terior.htm

I personally like the powerengineering guage with that carbon look pod from nissan pulsar,they work around £60 both :mad:

Boost guages are an essential item. I've been surprised at how many people come to me for a chip and don't know their peak boost! You gotta get one!!

I got mine from Demon Tweeks. They have a bunch of boost gauges, i got a splitfire one which is in PSI and doesn't say Turbo on it! It reads up to 20psi. £30

Most of us wont make over 16psi so get a gauge which reads over 1bar (14.5psi). Up to 2bar, 1.5bar is better in my opinion. :D

Hey Brian do you want to see if you can push this guy for a response on how much and if he'd be willing to do some.

I'm pretty sure we can quote Dubcharge and sign up a further three people for one.

Barrie I was looking at the speaker pod mod on your site and I guess we could use the vinyl on the pods. I don't know how this works or if the gauge pods would not be flat enough etc. Anyone used this before?

Or is this a bad idea?

The gauge pod I got from speeding is actually quite well finished, it`s in carbon effect and has to be trimmed to match the contours of the pillar but looks ok. I was thinking about spraying it satin black but think i`ll leave it as is. Because of the shape I think it would be difficult to cover it with vinyl unless it was very thin and flexible. I`ll post up the pic when I get home tonight.

Will wait to see the pic.

Need to make sure I keep my eye on the road when I get this. Had a few moments when I fitted my oil pressure gauge lol

Boys and toy you gotta love it

Dubcharged, No offence mate, but i have one and its pretty crap. Could just be mine but i dont think so. I had it fitted and rollin roaded and the gauge aint readin out a true figure. The oil pressure gauge i had also, had pretty cheap connections and i lost half my oil!!!!

Ill be gettin some autometer ones instead, wont suit the C as much as the splitfires tho, but apparently they are the Dogs Bollocks! :wink: