Gareth79

Universal joint on an M reg vr6

Hello all, would anyone be able to offer up some advice or a part number for a universal joint on a vr6.

I've ordered a used part but I'm not sure if it's the correct item.

6e2a35ad39bd828725936e4736de31c4.jpg

Hopefully someone in here will have some advice.

The part numbers differ from the early models, so I'm hoping I've not miss ordered.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

I've Got a spare vr rack down in the garage, wait 'till later on and

I'll check the uj's number fitted to the ZF steering rack.

Not 100% sure mate, i did the conversion on My g60 around 10 years ago, swapped the TRW g60 rack with a ZF

Rack i Got given free. Afairc, i think it was only the g60 racks that had 22 or 36 spleens cut on the uj's shaft, the ZF racks were all the same, again i could be wrong, it's been ages..

If you could send me Your email i could send you a few photos, buggered if i Know How to upload photos on the forum.

22 spline are on post 92 cars, so early 16v and g60s have the 36 spline rack and uj

btw, to add an image you need to 'go advanced' on the post editor and then select manage attachments

Edited by davidwort

The part number on the UJ I've ordered isn't on the list. I guess that means I have the wrong part.

I've looked on Vw Heritage and on the Interweb. It doesn't appear to be readily available.

Anyone have any suggestions on acquiring the correct part.

Thanks for your help with pictures and part numbers guys.

I've just had a ridiculous phone call with Vindas. They refused to give me a part number as its against company policy?

Anyone else encountered this?

But I have the part number now and I think I can get my mitts on it.

I don't get the logic of some VW dealers - I swear they're run by idiots. If you ever need confirmation of a part number just feel free to post / ask on here as someone should have access to a parts catalogue to check for you.

You can try vagcat.com (http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/vw/COR/1995/76/52/845368) which requires free registration (you may have to make a post in the forum for the initial access?).

Or Jim Ellis (http://www.jimellisvwparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=741680&ukey_make=1066&ukey_model=15552&modelYear=1995&ukey_category=21731&ukey_driveLine=8034&ukey_trimLevel=18933) which is free but don't think you see UK specific parts.

535 is a rhd Corrado part number, if may well be correct as it seems to have a later 'D' suffix than the part numbers on the old etka parts list.

would be interesting to see them side by side