MZpog

Single din multimedia system with flip out screen.

Thinking about treating myself and wondered if anyone fitted one in a Corrado and if any problems in doing so (other than blocking the 2 centre vents)?

Any recommendations or ones to avoid?

Any for sale?

im sure they have been done m8

EJ Taylor springs to mind - he has the black beast with roll cage & awesome JL audio build

Jamie someone, C maybe - the one with the Porsche wheels, red rado - something makes me think he may have but then could be double din

n3p possibly - I know he retrimmed dash but cant recall what stereo he had - obviously sold now but should still be the VRT thread

cant help with the recommendations though sorry - I run an Ipod only Sony unit

I had one but took it out after a few months. Main problem being there was tons of wiring that had to fit behind the back of the headunit you almost had to force it in. Back to standard headunit and much happier.

I had one but took it out after a few months. Main problem being there was tons of wiring that had to fit behind the back of the headunit you almost had to force it in. Back to standard headunit and much happier.

true - there isn't much room behind there is there

even with standard size head unit I always struggle to tuck the RCA leads somewhere as stop the unit from going back far enough

I take the glove box out when fitting the head unit and pull all the leads nicely down and out of the way.

I take the glove box out when fitting the head unit and pull all the leads nicely down and out of the way.

I recall trying to take the glove box out once and it seemed to jam on something, so I gave up before I broke it.

I recall trying to take the glove box out once and it seemed to jam on something, so I gave up before I broke it.

good idea Kip - lots of room to secure them along the air channels too that way

MZPog - the glove box is a beatch as the bottom of it gets stuck & you have to kind of 'get the pry bar out' as you say to squeeze the bottom of the glove box up a tad to get over the metal bar in the hole it comes out of in the dash

If anyone does take out the glovebox cut off the hatched plastic with a saw. Makes it a breeze to get in and out.

If anyone does take out the glovebox cut off the hatched plastic with a saw. Makes it a breeze to get in and out.

lol I am wishing I had done that to the one in the valver when I changed the matrix last summer as I now need to take it all apart again to do the heater box flaps :(

Does this unit have sat-nav? I was in the market for the clarion but might be swayed... then again amazon have something called a Pumpkin (wtf) with all the bells and whistles and a natty little micro sd slot so you don't have to cart around ya iPod. Hmmm.

Does this unit have sat-nav? I was in the market for the clarion but might be swayed... then again amazon have something called a Pumpkin (wtf) with all the bells and whistles and a natty little micro sd slot so you don't have to cart around ya iPod. Hmmm.

No sat nav but it can be added. I don't think I'd trust something called pumpkin, the sound quality may turn to **** after midnight.

No sat nav but it can be added. I don't think I'd trust something called pumpkin, the sound quality may turn to **** after midnight.

Update....drunken ebay purchase means sat nav unit also due to be delivered.

Having read the install instructions, my biggest worry now is attaching the unit to the VSS as I don't want it stopping my spoiler.

Well everything is in, tested and a VW APN background installed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83578[/ATTACH]

In regards to flip out head unit I have one in mine I put in last week and think it's great, getting glove box out is a bit of a faff only issue I has was the parking brake cable but found a passcode for mine to get into another screen to turn it off but well worth the few quid I got it for lol

In regards to flip out head unit I have one in mine I put in last week and think it's great, getting glove box out is a bit of a faff only issue I has was the parking brake cable but found a passcode for mine to get into another screen to turn it off but well worth the few quid I got it for lol

I simply put the handbrake wire to earth but still won't be using it for DVD playing.