Rado87

Issues with VR6 Rad Fans

After doing some research on the fans on my VR Iam still none the wiser! I have read the definitive cooling guide on here but don't know how much to take heed of as it says its for the aaa engine code. Basically, the cars off the road at the moment and the other day I decided to run her up to temperature in the workshop. I thought Id run it until the fans kicked in to make sure it all works but the temp gauge got to 110 and still no fan so i switched her off. As soon as i switched it off the fans kicked in full chat for about 30 seconds and then dropped to a slower speed for a while. As soon as I put the ignition back on they stopped!? Also, Ive noticed that the aux water pump only runs when the ignition is on, when I thought it was meant to carry on running for a few minutes after shut off? Im thinking the issue is connected somehow?

Any ideas/advice gratefully received!

No fans atall usually is the yellow sender on the thermostat housing. This controls the dash and also the fan control box (black rectangle shaped box near expansion tank). Check wiring to this and if you look on the first page of the cooling guide you will see how to check thats the cause.

Check the fuses in the control box too.

Thanks Jon. As soon as get the chance Ill check the wiring from all the senders. Ill also have another look at the cooling guide.