MoonlightVR6

Fuel pump and fuse.

my corridor died today in traffic and I had to call the rac as i couldn't restart her. He narrowed it down to the number 18 fuse which the user manual says is fuel pump it has semi melted the surrounding area of the black plastic covering of the fuse board but since he put a new fuse in there and it started I hope that's just cosmetic.

It was kind of brief and I didn't get to speak to him about causes as it was rush hour and a dreadful spot. He said I can drive her home but I need to get her looked at.

He put another fuse in there and I made it home ok, I was quite cautious and it seemed sort of normal again with no visible problems.

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced a similar thing and what was the problem? I'm thinking something must be pretty wrong if the board started to melt, shouldn't that fuse just blow?

Deffo wants looking at, should never be melting anything, would'nt be going anywhere till diagnosed it. Did he mentiion what fuse was in it, only thing could think of, off top of my head, is some idiot put a 30 amp fuse in there or something, fuel filter clogged, and drawinng so much current it's overheated as could'nt blow a 30 amp fuse, think it's a 15 amp in there from memory.