Jim

New Old Stock - VR6 Engine Bay Loom

Thought some of you may be interested to see a VW Classic Parts order I placed the other day. My VR is currently undergoing another engine rebuild, and Yandards tipped me off that he'd spotted the wiring loom from the round multi-pin connector onwards for the VR6 listed for a very reasonable €109. I procrastinated for a few weeks but relented and made a purchase. His reasoning of replacing a 20 year old heated / cooled loom from a car with over 200,000 miles seemed quite reasonable! Came today. It's the wiring for the injectors, all the temperature sensors, oil pressure sensors, ISV, coil pack, and I think the MAF. Not a bad price really going by their normal pricing - this type of loom for other models seems to come in at about 3x the price. Manufacturing date seems to be from 2002. Still a nice new piece to fit whilst everything is apart, and I will of course hang onto the old one as a spare :)

oo nice, i might get one as my wiring is old and still got the funny dash reading from the yellow coolant temp sensor, i can only assume its the wiring at fault or the actual dash gauge.

Any one know the part number for the other half of the engine loom that connects to the ecu?

Found it! Partnumber: 536 971 072 BK

Edited by captainredeye