Mike Hall

Looking for history on a g60

Hi all, i'm going to be viewing a corrado g60 this weekend but it has no history. I was wondering if anyone knew of or owned this car previously?

Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83738[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83739[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83740[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83741[/ATTACH]

Thanks I'll check that out, I'm mainly interested in what's been done to the engine. I read on an old sale post that it was cammed, uprated pulley and superchipped but I've no idea how to check

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll check that out, I'm mainly interested in what's been done to the engine. I read on an old sale post that it was cammed, uprated pulley and superchipped but I've no idea how to check

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

tough one that mike as unless it is documented in the cars history, or unless there is a thread on here or somewhere about it, then confirming upgrades is going to have to be visual.

obviously only the pulley, in this instance, could be visually checked as you would need to remove the rocker cover to check the cams & even then hope they were stamped with manf info. i wonder if the superchip would be branded & visible if you could remove the ECU housing to see it

tough one that mike as unless it is documented in the cars history, or unless there is a thread on here or somewhere about it, then confirming upgrades is going to have to be visual.

obviously only the pulley, in this instance, could be visually checked as you would need to remove the rocker cover to check the cams & even then hope they were stamped with manf info. i wonder if the superchip would be branded & visible if you could remove the ECU housing to see it

Haven't been able to find any info anywhere unfortunately, last 2 owners had no idea on the the details of the car and there is zero history on paper. Will the pulley be stamped or is it a case of measuring the external diameter? I have noticed that the car has a vernier pulley attached so i would like to think it has had the cams done but not a clue if they have been set up correctly. MAF reads 1650 for boost pressure but there seems to be damage to the intercooler and i'm not sure how much i am losing through that.

Also I've attached a few pics from the engine bay. Would anyone let me know any glaring issues a new owner might miss. I'm aware of the daft chrome bit on the off side of the charger :p131ccc899793f07ade22f897a71e94ce.jpg3e98295a78f89d0674ff02f412993668.jpg32e263eb647bac0cdcfe1a16811b780b.jpg28b4658112803f237eb9eb1a495ea8f8.jpg612dd78880df4160ec7ebc4821475aac.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by Mike Hall

I believe the crank bolt is a weak point on the g60 engines. A new one can be had from vw which has been re designed to be stronger. Also a heat shield between air filter and charger wouldn't be a bad idea.