Woodsy_is_back

Wheel spacers for 17" rims

Hello all, finally getting my C back on the road after 8 years gathering dust in the garage, all progressing well, obviously costing me a small fortune but thought I'd rather spend a few grand on my beloved than buy some other car anyway hello again

My question is, my 17" rims rub the interior wheel arch, 205 R17 40 tyres on, need some spacers, want then to run flush with the wings and not stick out but need enough clearance to prevent tyre rub

To save me going through ordering fitting and finding out the long way that I've gone too big too short what size spacers should I get?

Was thinking 40mm?

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

Woodsy

H26 GPM

Edited by Woodsy_is_back
Missing info

40mm will be too much buddy. Nip to halfords and buy a cheap set of spacers like the ones below.

3mm x 2 and also some 9.5mm ones so you can try 3 - 25mm setups to get the stance of the wheel perfect. Also a good way to try them on before ordering proper hub centric spacers. Remember and give yourself 3-5mm of arch clearance for tyre and wheel flex or it will rub when put under too much load round corners or over bumps. I always load up whatever corner with a passenger or 2 and take 4-5psi out the tires to make sure you don't rub hard and ruin tires/wheels and arches.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/wheel-trims-alloys/ripspeed-spacer-kit-3mm-4-or-5-stud?cm_mmc=Google+PLA-_-Car+Accessories-_-Wheel+Trims+&+Alloys-_-293279&_$ja=tsid:60494%7Ccgn:GoogleShopping%7Ckw:293279&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=awrxitll&istBid=tzar&_$ja=tsid:35522%7Ccid:344535124%7Cagid:24345234124%7Ctid:pla-230445360004%7Ccrid:97647066964%7Cnw:g%7Crnd:17843723185843807691%7Cdvc:c%7Cadp:1o3&gclid=CKuho6GNvswCFZEy0wodTsYPSg

Not sure that's gonna work out so cheap, £30 of spacers I'm not gonna use but I like the try before you buy idea, I suppose I could mock up using some plyboard just to get the exact width, or if anyone has done a similar mod let me know looking to buy these http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=423751

Thanks for the help, much appreciated 👍

Edited by Woodsy_is_back
Needs editing

What's the ET/off set of your rims ? That would help with what spacers you require. I've got a set of 17"x8" ET 32 and never had any problem with rubbing.

The offset and width is quite often stamped on the backside of the wheel. It is going to be hard to give you an answer without those two pieces of information. Another option is to load up that corner and use a tap measure to try and see how far the wheel currently sits from the arch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Info from TSW

7.5x17 with an offset of 40. The stud pattern will be 4x100.

Forgive my ignorance but this means I need a 40mm spacer to counteract the 40mm offset?