Arubberducky1

Corrado g60 intake problems

Did some work at my High School auto shop replacing exhaust gasket and intake gasket and everything went smoothly as planned. I took all the hoses off of the g60 supercharger and cleaned them out with a rag. also took out supercharger inner cooler and sprayed the fins out making sure to plug up the holes in my cooler so no water got in there. I put it all back together and something was not right. I started it fine but it seemed to not like running very well. It kinda feels like my engine is not getting any boost I did learn that not all pistons were firing but replaced Cap and rotor and now all pistons fire but the car still runs like crap. When i went to drive it home from the auto shop every time i went to punch it my car just shook and didn't accelerate fast like super bogged down. not sure if this is the right place to post this but feedback would help a ton. Again 90 corrado g60

Hmm, sounds a challenge this one..

Seeing as it's such a pain in jaksy to remove the inlet manifold maybe the crusty injector wiring may have short circuited or not make proper contact, that could also cause the mill to run on 3 cylinders as well.

Are the plugs the proper g60 ones? are they in good nick? Can you hear boost pressure leaking out when accelerating? maybe a boost hose clamp could have been ill fitted and the hose came off, it happens..

Unfortunatly when dealing with old cars and especially old components, the more you touch the more other things crop up.

Have a look at those basic ideas i suggested and see if it goes any better, don't worry mate, theres loads of other things that go wrong with old g60s..!

Just took intake off today and looked at my injectors... turns out the positive and negative wire out of my cylinder 2 injector completely broke off and were hanging down, going to try and take off my fuel rail so i can take out my injector and but the wires back in. Or get new injectors

Get the injector harness off an old digifant golf 2, 90% of the time they are in better nick and less cooked than the g60's version. If you need a set of greens I'm sure I've got a box of the nuggets somewhere.