Guest sam1990rhodes

1.8t coolant temp sensor(s)

Guest sam1990rhodes

Hi Guys,

looking to pick your brains, do 1.8t's have 2 coolant temp sensors, on my previous conversion i cannot rememeber there been two sensors yet on my latest AGU block ive noticed two (as per picture below), any advise appreciated :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83926[/ATTACH]

afaik the mk4 temp sender combines the ecu and dash clocks in one sender it has 4pins - two of them for the dash gauge and the other two for the ecu temp, for my 24v swap I used the original rado temp sender to keep the gauge clocks working and then used the correct side of the mk4 to go to ecu to keep that happy

Guest sam1990rhodes

so it should have 2 sensors?

your conversion - yes , use the existing corrado sender to keep your dash coolant gauge alive, then use the mk4 sender to feed the ecu only, as its a 4 pin sender you will have two wires which wont be doing anything,

Guest sam1990rhodes

i gets ya!, so the 'yellow' sensor will plug in to the dash?

sorry sam its been ages, im not sure which one does what but keep the original rado wiring plug and sensor to keep your dash clock guage working, I was told awhile back that you could use the other 2 pins from the mk4 sensor to feed the dash clocks but Iirc I had compatability issue with my gauge not responding to the mk4 sensor so I stuck with original rado sensor and plug/wiring for my dash gauge to work ,

p.s not sure about your two sensors in first pic, maybe 2nd one is something to do with A/C? , idd pull them both out and check out the part numbers on google