Samoflange

1.8t conversion/project help!

Hi everyone.

I recently picked up a corrado which had been used as a donor car for something else. Originally I wanted to make it diesel so I bought a golf mk3 td donor car. But after a bit of umming and ahhing I decided against it. I've been offered a 1.8t AGU out of an old Audi A3 at a good price so going for that.

Couple of questions.

At the moment the engine has an auto box on it. Is it just a straight forward swap to a manual box set up? As I've heard that I might have a problem with the crank??

As the corrado had no pedals when I got it, I took them out of the mk3 for the td conversion. Would these pedals be okay? Or would I need to get the ones for an Audi/mk4 golf or would an aftermarket pedal box be a good alternative?

Has anyone done this conversion before that came across any problems that I'd need to know?

If anyone has an advice/suggestions that'd be great.

Cheers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a Corrado pedal box to use - the mk3 pedal boxes are different. Then use a 1.3 carb mk2 golf throttle cable. This will be fine for AGU.

Regarding the 1.8t, the crank should be the same it's just the flywheel / clutch setup that COULD be different.

Personally i'd get hold of a G60 flyhweel and VR6 clutch and then run a manual box.

The auto box won't have a flywheel/clutch so you will need to get both of those for it.

As far as I'm aware any engine will be the same for either auto or manual so yes you can just get a box, clutch & flywheel and bolt it all together.

You may need a different starter, I'm not 100% sure if the autos use the same one, but when you get a box, try and get the one that came with it.

Ben.

Awesome, thanks for the advice guys.

Didn't even think about the starter so I'll have a look into that cheers

More added onto the seemingly endless list of parts to buy haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk