Custard

Broken Door strap body mount

Hi guys

Hope I'm in the right spot, ive got a slight issue with my corrado door strap. The straps is fine however the body mount on the a pillar, has failed hover I can't see how I access it to replace or weld it up. its attached inside the pillar?

Am I being a donut?

Thanks Andy

No your not being a donut mate.

Unfortunately you've discovered a weak spot and there's not a lot that can be done either..

The main problem is that the metal in that spot is double if not triple skinned and there's no easy way

Of repairing the effected area. Years ago, I drilled two holes behind the foam water seal that's stuck on the door jamb, I then got two long self tapping screws and screwed them into whatever was present behind, it did work, sort of but every now and then I still get the bloody annoying 'tac'..

Give it a go, you won't be able to see the screw heads 'cos the foam donut hides the heads.

Cheers.

Not a bad plan. You could get nuts up the inside the a pillar. however from what I can see the body mount has failed right where it's folded to form the fork fitting. So not much I'd anything to drill through.

I was thinking that foam seal is big enough to hide a cut out big enough to gain access and weld It up. Anyone see an issue with that?

I wanted to make sure there wasn't a trick to it before I start drilling, Or cutting lol.