ssaunders

Dash repairs, suggestions please

Hi All, Basically has anyone sussed out how or if its possible to strengthen and repair the rubbish plastic parts of the dash? mainly i seem to have issues with the little tangs that the screws go through.

i have tried epoxy resin with little success, any details on success and failures would be great.

thanks for looking

steve

I have used these.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84152[/ATTACH]

Where the screw hole is near the edge of the plastic they can just be slipped on and they clip in place. If the hole is not near the edge or too far from it I cut it in half, put a blob of Araladite or similar on thread part of it and use the screw to hold it in place till the glue dries. This secures it in place allowing you to use the screw normally but supporting the old plastic. Hope this helps.

I have used these.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84152[/ATTACH]

Where the screw hole is near the edge of the plastic they can just be slipped on and they clip in place. If the hole is not near the edge or too far from it I cut it in half, put a blob of Araladite or similar on thread part of it and use the screw to hold it in place till the glue dries. This secures it in place allowing you to use the screw normally but supporting the old plastic. Hope this helps.

Hi, i have seen these and got a small selection from ebay, but they were not the correct size. i dont suppose you have a note of size?

cheers

steve

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spire-Speed-Clip-assortment-U-Clip-set-with-Screws-Fixings-U-Clips-Screws-/161705864293?hash=item25a66bac65

Edited by ssaunders

I can't really remember, it was a long time ago. I went into Halfords and browsed the selection they had there.