MZpog

Missing clip from shifter.

My Corrado has recently been a little harder to find 2nd. It did this over a year ago and I found the clip on the shifter had come off. Thankfully last time it was sat there waiting for me to clip it back on, this time however it's gone :(

Are these clips still available and is it just a standard circlip? Anyone got a spare?

Ok so either nobody knew or you just it was such a silly question it didn't warrant answering.

Anyway I presumed it was a standard E clip so popped into Halfords having a rough idea of the size I needed, not that it mattered as Halfords only had one choice, an overpriced kit with several sizes of E clip.

Pliers out, suitably sized E clip fitted and OMG sloppy gear change gone and 1-2 gear changes are bliss again (so nice in fact I'll let Halfords off for charging £8 for kit when the part I needed was worth about 30p).

Always appreciate it when people come back and post an update / solution to a problem! Cheers.

Ok so either nobody knew or you just it was such a silly question it didn't warrant answering.

Anyway I presumed it was a standard E clip so popped into Halfords having a rough idea of the size I needed, not that it mattered as Halfords only had one choice, an overpriced kit with several sizes of E clip.

Pliers out, suitably sized E clip fitted and OMG sloppy gear change gone and 1-2 gear changes are bliss again (so nice in fact I'll let Halfords off for charging £8 for kit when the part I needed was worth about 30p).

good result m8 :)