Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

Let the modding begin

OK finaly after doing 4 80 hour weeks as a taxi driver i can start doing some things to my car. :)

1992 Black G60 stage 4 charger, supersprint back box.

Now first things first - FULL RESPRAY

Not because its dodgy, but because there are some small dents and dings around the car and stonchips all over front and i want to get it looking like a new car.

Now how crazy can you go with the respray, i was going to strip the car myself, buy new door seals and window seals, take the interior out and have the whole thing sprayed, door shuts and all. Any advice about this.

I have a qote to do all the dings and dents and respray for about £900 cash with me taking the car apart and them preping the body.

Next is CHIP PULLEY FPR and RED TOPS

I have standard chip and pulley at the moment.

I would like 65mm pulley _ How much to get this fitted along with the chip? (how much differnce between the 65 and 68 mm pulleys)

Would i have to get the chip mapped to my specific car or are they just plug and play.

Do i really need the red tops and 3.5 bar FPR to begin with or can i get them later.

My super chager has 12000 miles on it since a stage 4 service so i think i will be able to not have a rebuild done quite yet.

Any advice on this and how much would it cost to have fitted?

can you do it yourself?

where should i get it done?

how long would it take to do? By me? By a pro?

How do i check the intercooler is working, i ahve never looked at mine and some people say you can get stone damage? What am i looking for.

Also I ahve warped one of my front brake disks, need a new set, got zimmerman ones on there at the mo, but was wondering if you guys could advise any others.

Also want some clear light at the back, best place to get them?

Got a new grill on the way. :)

Need some advice on alloys, want 17" but not sure what looks good on a C, nothing to fancy. Any reccomendations

All in all have about £2000 ish to spend on all of the above, might be able to streatch it further

I'll leave it there for now

Hope you guys can hand out some of your quality advice

Cheers

Beavisjem

OK finaly after doing 4 80 hour weeks as a taxi driver i can start doing some things to my car.

You use you Corrado as a Taxi :shock: :mrgreen: :lol:

mate have a talk to BiggerBen on the forum as he lives up Norwich way and just had his car resprayed

as for all the rubbers talk to GPC they just saved me crap loads of money when i order mine

as for engine mods the chip and pullet is easy but i really really would look into getting a better intercooler

but thats just my 2p's worth

i run a 65mm,red tops and a fpr from bilal. He's the UK SNS geezer. top bloke. great service

it really needs setting up on the rollers ans the fueling may not be quite right. this can then be altered easily by bilal if a AF printout is provided.

i put my pulley on at around 15-20k on the charger. before then it was standard. i put a further 10k on it before rebuild and have just run it in. im about to fit the 65mm and rechip again. maybe have the charger inspected.

im a fan of red tops for a few reasons.

1. they can supply the extra fuel that may be necessary.

2. the replace old injectors that may not be up to supplying what you need. its always best to know you have a good set of injectors.

if you are ok with things then fitting the reds, chip, fpr and pulley will be quite easy. Its once this is fitted when you need to take care. if you have access to a wideband setup then you are ok as you can check the AF. if its recordable then you can send the log to bilal to help him.

checking the charger needs somebody who knows what to look for to do it. it may be better to get GWerks or pitstop to do the lot for you then you know its right.

id also fit before i upgrade

1. boost gauge. so you know whats happening. good for spotting weak charger, boost leaks etc.

2. AF gauge. so you can see the general operation of AF along with idle/wot swithc operation, warmup issues, probe issues.