MZpog

Cobra alarm working great but the fob has done a bunk.

Parked car Friday night, locked up and went inside to find my new alarm fob case had arrived.

Disassembled fob, fit its guts in new case and argh, the fob isn't talking to the alarm.

According to my mechanic there should be a pin code for the alarm which will allow reprogramming, but I have no documents with it on and the whilst the unit has some numbers on it, it doesn't seem to have a serial number on it.

I've called cobra 01932 732331 and await their response but it's not looking good.

Life without my Corrado sucks.

What Cobra alarm have you got? I've got some instructions for mine which is the 4138HF model if you need it.

Is your fob like a sail?

Thanks for the offer Sanky, but no need as "it lives".

Cobra tech support were brilliant, so much so that I'd buy another cobra alarm on the strength of it. I gave them a serial number (found on a sticker on the circuit board that was just visible) and they gave me a pin and some instructions that relate to many models including mine.

Bit of a faff later and some annoyance to neighbours (whoo whoo whoo whoo) and after a 3rd attempt got the fob to sync up again and work.