boatbloke

Simple cheap strut brace

I am new to this forum so I don't know if anyone has done this and if so, I apologise...

I had to scrap an old Saab that had been abandoned in our yard the other day, and being nosy I lifted the bonnet and noticed that it had a rather nice strut brace, obviously standard OEM equipment and presumably fitted to help eliminate scuttle shake as it was a 93 turbo convertible.

Being a cheapskate I removed it because I want a strut brace for my Corrado VR6 track car and thought it would be a good starting point - I could bend it, weld it, use the ends... who knows.

It proved to be a lot better than I had hoped.... basically it was a straight fit, all I had to do was move the header tank by a very small amount and lower the air pipe to the air cleaner. Bends round the back of the engine like it had been made for it and bolted straight onto the top of the suspension mounts. Couldn't believe my luck.

One word of caution if you want to try it yourself, my car is a track car, has an aftermarket air filter and has had some stuff removed like the heater and the ABS pump so I am not 100% certain it will fit your car.

I tried to upload a picture but it says 'file too big'... try this, have not used photobucket before....

Welcome. Nice find! Certainly looks like it belongs there :)

Plenty on eBay for next to nothing as well!