bristolbaron

G60 silly question. 315cc injectors with standard chip?

Ask a silly question and all that..

I have a set of 315cc injectors but haven't yet sourced a chip as the cars undergoing some minor works and until I've resovled issues and had it running a while I'm not sure how far I'm going with other tuning. [fmic, pulley size etc]

If I fit the injectors with the standard chip, what'll happen? I don't really want to pay out now for a map on current spec and then find I want to make other changes over the summer!

higher flow rate injectors would make it over fuel and run rich.

i wouldnt risk it.

If you get an SNS chip they will remap it free of charge if you post it to them as and when you do more mods. However, larger injectors with no other mods isn't really a good idea.

I'm running EV6 injectors in a slightly uprated VR6 but with 3 bar FPR instead of 4, injectors should give you a figure for 3 and 4, at 3 bar running slightly more than standard flow rate and feels better for it, and got potential for more engine upgrading if choose.

Thought about running at a lower FPR rate? Also MPG is much better than old standard injectors but course EV6 injectors brand new, standard been cleaned recently but still old, could just be that.