vr6paul

Help g60 supercharger pulley position

After rebuilding my g60 supercharger yesterday I have discovered that both keyways on the 2 pulleys should be at 12 o'clock to set the timing. However yesterday we set them to 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock so facing one another if that makes sense. The car is supposed to be going for a paint today will I cause any damage by running it with the timing out.? I've tried removing the belt between the two pulleys and turning the top pulley however this seems difficult (not possible) do I need to disconnect any of the air pipes in order to allow me to turn the top pulley? I know I am missing something and worried about causing damage. Help please anyone . !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFAIR, (it's been a few years since i opened one now) I seem to remember that both cogged pulley's notchs or 'V's should both point strait up.

If the shafts bind, DO NOT start the car as you may blow the top of the charger up..

I drove it home but no explosions. Fingers crossed I can get it back out and adjust it .

As per VEEDUBBED's post the timing marks align vertically.

The top timing mark is difficult to see in the photo so i've added a couple of red arrows.

You were lucky mate..

How did the car go like? if it's only 1 tooth out not a lot happens, it's when you miss two or more that the shafts bind and you risk destroying the charger.

Both turned out to be alligned. My cousin arrived today after I got the charger out - checked the pulleys and all lined up. I assume he set to 6 and 12 and then realised it wouldn't go together/turn free by hand - and so then went for 12 and 12 . So I was worrying about nothing - that'll be the reason it didn't go bang!

Thanks for all the help.