Psycho-KnighT

KR k jetronic replacement

Hi,

Here's a noob question, after searching on google and couldn't find an answer.

I have a 90's corrado KR 1.8 engine with k-jetronic fuel system.

i wanted to know what option do i have if i want to replace it?

Can i put regular MK4 golf 1.8 injectors and CPU? will it work?

i know that the right way to do it, is to put injectors with HALDEX or similar computer, but i'm searching for an easy fix until i'll get all the parts for external management system.

i would be happy to ready any suggestions.. thanks!

The ideal replacement would be the EFI from a 1.8 16v Seat Ibiza, similar to the mk3 golf 16v system, but finding a doner car now would be hard.

Sadly it may well be cheaper to fit a complete 20V engine with it's own injection system.

But why replace the k-jet anyway?

Weber/IAW as fitted to many '90's preformance cars.

I've done it a few times on turboed 'raddos, cheap and perfectly adequate.

Weber/IAW as fitted to many '90's preformance cars.

I've done it a few times on turboed 'raddos, cheap and perfectly adequate.

can you tell me more info about the weber installation?

what need to be done? or what do i need to get?

The ideal replacement would be the EFI from a 1.8 16v Seat Ibiza, similar to the mk3 golf 16v system, but finding a doner car now would be hard.

Sadly it may well be cheaper to fit a complete 20V engine with it's own injection system.

But why replace the k-jet anyway?

i have some problems with the ignition of on my car.

on N i can rev up to 5000K.. and not until the rev limit.

and while driving the car feels like it has only 20hp, i cant accelerate more then 4000 rpm..

any idea what i can check?

can you not get your fuel pressure checked first, oould even be a fuel pump problem or filter blocked, are the injectors good? you can check the fuel rate of the injectors pretty easy, have a look on youtube, there is some info floating around the net

Back in the day, I had a black mk2 16v golf that had that exact same problem, it was a dodgy Hall sender in the distributer, still wasn't happy with it though so I turboed it, along with fitting the Weber injection too.

All depends on your level of skill mate, you'll need the obvious complete wiring loom of any old Lancia delta hf turbo or integrale, even the loom fitted to the Fiat tempra 1.6 would do, Fiat croma etc.

The ecu, injectors, FPR, sensors etc.. the distributer has an identical cut out so it bolts up to the golf 16v head no problem. If you want, I could send you a few photos.

Back in the day, I had a black mk2 16v golf that had that exact same problem, it was a dodgy Hall sender in the distributer, still wasn't happy with it though so I turboed it, along with fitting the Weber injection too.

All depends on your level of skill mate, you'll need the obvious complete wiring loom of any old Lancia delta hf turbo or integrale, even the loom fitted to the Fiat tempra 1.6 would do, Fiat croma etc.

The ecu, injectors, FPR, sensors etc.. the distributer has an identical cut out so it bolts up to the golf 16v head no problem. If you want, I could send you a few photos.

Thanks!! i'll check if i have any parts that i can find in here (in Israel its not so simple)