Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

buying a 16v

Hello Folks,

Managed to talk one of my chums into buying a C anyway we are going to look at an H reg 16v tomorrow is there anything I should look out for and how much would you say its worth.

Cheers for any advice in advance

Sandy

could do with a bit more info than that!

mileage, condition etc

if its good condition with a genuine mileage (90k - 120k) with FSH it could be worth anything from £1800 - £2250

remember it is one of the first models they did

ive got a G reg 1.8 16V with 96k on the clock, good condition

i paid £1850 for it 6 months ago with 89k on it - FSH hasnt missed a beat despite a good thrashing

if its solid and genuine go for it but dont be temped by the first one u look at! (easier said then done)

hth

basic what Renedage said

just make sure its been looked after (i.e serivice with oil water etc) and its all nice and solid and they will go for ever :D

i bought mine 4 1/2 yearts ago 1.8 16v with 117K on the clock Ok high milage but they guy had it at AMD every 5000miles or so and it had one of the strongest engines i ever drove and very pleased with it :D

thats about 7500K per year which is lower than normal

if the rest of the car shows it as a low milage car i would say its worth it :)

like mention take it out for a good trashing leave gear in 2nd floor it and when u back off if it jumps out gearbox probs

also start it from cold, get under the bonnet and touch the engine and open the water cap etc and make sure everythign is cold and once starting check for smoke signals and bad tapeting

and i think u know the rest :D

it's my corrado your talking about sandy, its on the forum(FOR SALE,Corrado 16v lowered price) anyway you and your mate were meant to come n see it again 2 weeks ago but i haven't heard anything,i've still got it if he's interested.

E-mail me to let me know wots happening mate

mailto:[email protected]

just got back from holiday last night not sure what my friends up to no seen him for a while.