Woodsy_is_back

Power steering fluid puddle

Hi guys

Got a real issue with my PAS

I fill it up, run the car with no issues with steering, park or with the reservoir still full and when I return its leaked all the fluid

I can't spot the exact source of the leak, somewhere round the back of the gearbox/steering rack

The drip is coming off the subframe

I'm struggling for why it would be leaking when not under pressure rather than when pressurised 🤔

Any help gratefully received

Woodsy

Jack up the front of the car, start it and let it run for a bit then get underneath and clean the effected area best you can then crawl underneath (jackstands a must before venturing under..) get someone to turn off the engine and start looking. Sounds like a buggered rack seal, could be a loose pipe union.

Difficult to make a diagnosis over the net, especially in your case where the leak only leaks when the engine is stopped, this is a first..

Really appreciate the help with that, thanks guys

Had a feeling it's the rack seals, I saw a thread about replacing the seals, bit out of my abilities so looking for a replacement rack I guess 👍