Dr_G60

30th Anniversary Of VW Corrado at the Nürburgring 22nd to 24th of June 2018

Tempting... I need a date to work to for completing the mechanical stage of mine, could be close as I still have the rear end to remove and full refurbish and the engine is still not in :(

I'd be up for this but what route is everyone (if anyone) thinking about taking?

I'd be looking at an overnight ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam then heading across from there.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Edited by elliott

I am the number 101 on the list going, Im going to change my days because i wanna be fri too. So the british are waking up? Mabe we can go all together...

Sebastian (the spanish guy)

My car still has a lot of job... But I will be there on fri morning

9d0188460962ec466de6e89e4ee7968bo.jpg

Some of my european friends text me already to do something before the people will arrive, If anyone wanna join us will be more than welcome :)

the car is free if is a Corrado ;) But you need to tell them because is limited to 200 cars, we will do a tryp together on sat morning and we can not be 1000 even on the parking

Yeah I'm taking my Corrado and my mate is coming with but it's not very clear on the site what costs are? I presume Fri -Sun is €65 per person?

I will explain you guys, little more than what you can read in the website made for the meeting.

If you pay 65e, you will be there Fri, Sat and Sun. Fri and Sat night in tend and sat and sun breackfast.

softdrinks are also free whole weekend, german beer 1€ (from barrel), 45km driveout with all corrados on Sat, expect 200 corrados on saturday, but we will have so many visitors...if interested there is vln race on saturday at the ring, free bbq grill and charcoal so everybod can grill his own stuff, food truck at least 3hours per days to buy texas burgers and pulled pork, there will be a lot of videos and photos made everywhere (so many of us are a professional photographer, second gto will be there... we will make it public next days and i think the yellow vw motorsport 16vg60 will come the driver will be in holidays that weekend but he will give the car to a friend who will drive it to the meeting.

Welcome gift till I know will be a cup of 30th, poster of the meeting with the stamps of all the clubs are going, Tshirt, sthicker... and maybe more :p working in a special keyring of the meeting they are handmade and no one can garanty them, maybe they will be in the pack maybe they are not going to be even for sell... we will see.

We will have cups for the winners, and medals for the club games, one of them will be throw one G as far you can... Lmao!

They are still working really hard... all will continous changing

For the 20th we were 1000 corrados in total, 800 of them registered if I remember right, for the 30th we are thinking in 200, every 10 years we are less Corrado running, the owners keep them for only few miles and only few would like make long tryp with them... Is your oportunity to be a part or not. More than 200 Corrados I don,t think we will have in the 40th so can be last big meeting of all clubs...

We will have a special meeting of all about the corrado there too

:)

Sebastian

if your mate only want to be there, can pay 15e per night and that,s it. But no welcome gift no "free" breackfast and I think that,s it.

Thanks mate, that's much clearer than the website, pretty sure we will be going in my Blackberry VR6 :)

It's camping on site yeah?

I just wanted to confirm the yellow VW motorsport g60 16v (Not sure about OEM or OE) will come, you can see it in the webside and read an a bit about it

http://www.30th-anniversary-of-vw-corrado.com/en/sonderausstellung

They are working very hard with all, look for example the beer cups f294071a0afd414b944fef1a7f88abcbo.jpg so cool!

well see you there! I am sure I will not forget this experience in my life :D

Sebastian

I've booked ferry from Dover at 12:05pm on Friday and will be heading there through Belgium (no tolls :) )

I am going with one friend from Cannock, BUT I need to make a stop to pick up the flag of the CCGB and some sweets from the club to sell there. After this I will do another stop at Brujes to have a coffe and make some calls. I will cross the sea under the water.

I will start the journey on thurday afternoon.

If you would like to join us... you are free to join us but I will drive slowly

Kind regards

Sebastian

This looks good, many going from the Midlands?

I may go to this.

If I can get some more comfortable seats for the journey...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got brakes sorted on my VR, plus new water pump, full service, stereo fitted, tracking done :thumb right:

Wife has banned me from the garage after this event :lol:

Needs a wash and polish, which I won't have much time to do, but figured better it looked rough in Germany, than polished up and stuck in the garage..

Yep :thumb right:

Had a great time, so many Corrados in one place was mad