Sign in to follow this  
Rado16v

Fitting electric Recaros

Guys,

looking at fitting electric recaro's this w/e.

I don't have a loom, each seat takes a +ve and -ve. Any tips on how to wire these babies up?

will post pics when done.

Thanks

Amit

Copy of what I emailed you Amit...

Physically fitting the seats is easy as pie - simple replacement for the originals.

Wiring in the electric adjustment is easy enough as well. It's simply a power feed from somewhere like the igntion feed and then an earth from the point near the fusebox. You'll need the VAG plugs that fit into the seats and then wire from each seat under the centre tunnel and forwards to the fusebox area.

As for the heating element, that's not so easy. As well as needing the VAG plugs that fit the seats, you'd then need to build quite a lot of wiring. You need to wire in a relay which I'm going to mount behind the driver's side rear door card. You then need to wire in the switch with power, earth, illumination etc (switch is £50 + VAT from VAG!!).

It's possible but depends on your capabilities! I may just have an authentic complete loom and switch heading my way very soon ;)

Thanks Tom.

Unfortunately, don't have a loom or the connectors. Spade connectors fit in fine which is the route I'll have to go down.

They're not heated so no need to worry abou that. (8v/16v late Recaro's that were an option weren't heated)

Thanks

Amit

Ah ok. Should be easy enough then.

Remove old seats, centre tunnel, door sill and the trim around the fusebox and then wire into the ignition live feed and the earth near the fusebox.

the original loom is situated behind the passenger side rear card the fuses sit there behind the card.

leon has the heater loom along with the electric loom i sold it to him along with some seats he may still have it???

as vr6 says the electrics bit is really easy but the heated side of it is quite involved, fuses were situated behind the lower glove box shelf.

there was main power from fuses box to dash switch then the harness went from right to left and ended in the rear card...