VRTurbo

Newbie looking to OEM+

Hi Guys!

Been following this forum for some time and finally decided to register.

Im about to buy a stunning Corrado from a local chap who no longer has the time to enjoy his C.

Its a standard VR with a Jetex exhaust n BMC Induction. No other mods.

Needs a bit of TLC and a new enthusiastic owner...

I love everything about it except the standard interior and wheels.

Fist thing I would like to upgrade is the seats as I'm not he shortest guy around and would be doing a lot of driving.

I like he idea of Recaros or Porsche Seats but struggling to find enough info.

Hopefully you guys can help.

Thanks!!!

P.s. Theres some real stunning cars on here and it was good to see some at Standford Hall earlier this month.

Looking forward to this weekend too!

Welcome, a lot of helpful people here as I've found out so you're in the right place.

I'm also an OEM+ man and I'm rebuilding a neglected VR6 with ether genuine or as "close as" I can get parts.

I've kept the original 12v engine and done a few tweeks, it was over-bored and high compression pistons fitted as it was slightly worn and made sense to do so whilst it was in bits (although my wallet argued that point!) , the head was ported and polished with the inlet and exhaust matched and a pair of Shimmel 263's popped in for good measure, the only visible mod on the engine is the Shrick Manifold - I've yet to experience this, but I've heard/read good things.

I hate to say it but I'm also not a huge fan of the standard wheels these days ether :( - it was always a "Hmmmm" point for me when the car was new, probably because we were fitting 15" BBS on MK2 GTI's in the early 80's so when VW sent out this awesome looking car with huge wheel arches on 15" rims I did scratch my head a bit. But definitely keep your standard wheels! they have a place with the car and it increases your sale window should you want to part with the car.

These would be my perfect wheel - right year and design for me:- http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?97625-BBS-rs301-s-for-sale

Interior wise the leather electric Recaro seems to be the holy grail - but like the BBS wheels you'll need to have the cost of near-on another Corrado burning a hole in your pocket ;) - not sure on the Porsche seats but I have read that Audi TT seats kinda fit.

Suspension I went for Bilstein B12's as they're matched shock-spring and don't overly lower the car keeping that OEM sort of look.

Just need to get the thing back together now! LOL!