Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

G60 1/4 mile times

Does anyone know what the 1/4 mile times should be on a standard G60?

@ bugjam on sat, I got a 16.8s @ 82mph, does this sound about right? I was quite happy with it, despite being beat by 0.2s by a bloody standard GTi diesel!! :shock:

I ran a 16.8 at york in my 16v, that was my second ever run :twisted: . WE WON'T TALK ABOUT THE FIRST :oops:

2 + 3 were a 17.2 and a 17.8.

2p's worth.

Before I modified my Golf G60 got the time of 15.75 at inters. This is totaly std with the orig charger that had never been serviced a 100,000 Miles also the Intercooler had a broken channel..

Now I have modified it a bit (68mm Normal Pulley, Overhauled charger, SNS Chip, Fixed Intercooler, New Boost Hoses, New Leads, Induction Kit) and managed to get 14.8 at GTi Festial (santa-pod) a few weeks ago.

I ran my old Grey G60 up the 1/4 and got a 15.8. That was a totally standard car and I have no idea what BHP that was producing.

I have yet to run my current G60 (200BHP), hopefully get to run it up at Pod before I take the engine out.

J

G60Renshaw, so i'm a whole second im off of ur time. Wot revs should I change gears at then? Perhaps i was changing too soon, as i was changing at around 5500 - 5800.

hey swfblade. I Saw you do your run.. Was looking out for Corrados all day and none seemed particularly quick, especially after seeing that black Audi 80 do it in 9.something.....

i found on THIS SITE that a stock G60 should do 1/4 in 16.5s, so im not that worried now. 0.3s off a tested time, im quite happy.

julesz, yeah there were some seriously quick motors there.

(Seeing as ur in Aylesbury you should check out our http://www.beedubs.co.uk club ;) )

Indeed there were! Tried to take a video of the turbine powered whatever it was but only managed to get 2 seconds worth of me dropping a pint of lager all over my feet :lol: Ill never underestimate a beetle again after seeing 2 of them getting times in the low 11s at the same time!!!!! :shock:

hey swfblade. I Saw you do your run.. Was looking out for Corrados all day and none seemed particularly quick, especially after seeing that black Audi 80 do it in 9.something.....

Especaily wen some of the guys with the quick cars cant drive them :oops: