JonNic

Drivers rear inner and outer wing

8m looking for a rust free cut of the inner and outer drivers side rear wing, or advice where I can get repair parts

Hello there,

hopefully someone on here will have a off cut available,

as the rear wings are like you say double skinned.

The inner wing is roughly €159 part n.o: 535 809 404A

The main outer wing is more expensive at roughly just over €500

part n.o: 535 809 844A

Both are available at VW Classic Parts, or through VW Heritage.

But you're probably better off trying to obtain a good off cut as it'll be cheaper.

I've just bought a new inner wing section (drivers side rear)

through VW Heritage (part n.o: 535 809 404A)

Which I'll receive in about 3 weeks time but I don't need all of this new panel, I just need a small rear part of it close to the fuel filler hole,

I suspect you need the same area but if not you're welcome to the rest of this inner wing panel, if what's left is any good to you that is.

Si

I was out on the drive working on my Corrado earlier on after work, and was cleaning up some of the area on the drivers inner wing, as I've got the fuel tank out so it's a lot easier to gain access, anyway was just prepping the area ready for when my new inner panel arrives, and noticed how thin the metal is on the fuel filler neck support panel, it's pitted in places but not badly.

So looks like the rust on our Corrado's around the fuel filter area is caused by dirt and damp mud trapped behind the fuel filler neck, and eating into the metal over the years.

I've tried to find a replacement fuel filler neck repair panel, but looks like there's none for the Corrado or MK2 Golf possibly obsolete,

but looks like you can get one for the MK3 Golf, VW Heritage are currently out of stock of this item, but it is due in very soon.

The part number for the MK3 Golf repair panel in question is: 191 803 483

Cost is £26.50

So with a little fabrication I'm sure this panel would fit our Corrado's if needed.

Si

Edited by vw rule

Just a quick update,

this morning I spoke to Julian at VW Heritage to make enquiries about the fuel filler neck repair panel, they've got 1000 being reproduced, but no completion date has been given yet, I was told possibly available in the next month or two but could be longer ?

The part number for the MK3 Golf repair panel in question is: 191 803 483

Cost is £26.50

Si