Sign in to follow this  
VR Zen

RSR charger outlet any Gains?

Hi all can somebody enlighten me about installing a RSR charger outlet ,

what do i gain if any ?

cheers

it does away with the std muffeler box which is restrictive to the flow of the charger. hence the air flow witht e rsr on will be better but it will also increase induction noise slightly as this was the reason that vw put the muffeller there in the first place..

my advice is go for it i couldn't tell you how many bhp you are gona gain maybee none but it's somthing to be done to help with all the ingredients of tuning the g60 to it true potenial

any word on if the new 3-fin rallye design is any more restrictive than the RSR. i'm having my charger rebuilt at kk and all dave stocks is the rallye, he says its a new design and not restrictive at all.. just as good as the RSR. any opinions on it?

I have the new 3 fin rallye outlet. Not sure how it would compare to a RSR outlet though.

Seemed to make a difference on pick-up.

The BBM RSR outlet has far less back pressure restriction than the RALLY GOLF adapter outlet. Increases boost pressure with a quicker boost build rate. A solid torque and power increase from the very low rpm’s to redline. Sharper throttle response without the damping effect of the factory silencer box. Crisper G-Lader sound, minimizes droning without additional interior noise. A direct replacement for the leak-prone plastic silencer box outlet. Complete kit bolts onto any G60 G-Lader without modifications. Optional port-matched G-Lader outlet, expanded 6mm over stock. Contact Bahn Brenner for details CNC machined billet 6061-T6 aluminum

Includes:

RSR Outlet, Reduction Hose, Bead Formed Adapter Sleeve, Clamps, Bolt, Washer, Lock Tight & Instructions

CALL FOR FREE SHIPPING on this products only!

MSRP: $169.95

On Sale! $114.95

rsroutlet_new_tn.jpg

The BBM RSR outlet has far less back pressure restriction than the RALLY GOLF adapter outlet. Increases boost pressure with a quicker boost build rate. A solid torque and power increase from the very low rpm’s to redline. Sharper throttle response without the damping effect of the factory silencer box. Crisper G-Lader sound, minimizes droning without additional interior noise. A direct replacement for the leak-prone plastic silencer box outlet. Complete kit bolts onto any G60 G-Lader without modifications. Optional port-matched G-Lader outlet, expanded 6mm over stock. Contact Bahn Brenner for details CNC machined billet 6061-T6 aluminum

Includes:

RSR Outlet, Reduction Hose, Bead Formed Adapter Sleeve, Clamps, Bolt, Washer, Lock Tight & Instructions

CALL FOR FREE SHIPPING on this products only!

MSRP: $169.95

On Sale! $114.95

rsroutlet_new_tn.jpg

how???? the rallye outlet we use is a near identical of the bbm one so i know there is now advantage/gain in using the bbm one as aposed to the rallye one and ours are now 3 knife edged ported too unlike bbm ones :p

ya thanks for cut and pasting the bbm site graphicfrost. i'm sure we can all find our way to their site just fine. what was that, a sales pitch?? lol :lol:

we're comparing rallye to rsr here... not stock box to rsr..

ya darren, the new design is 3 fin... so its the same as the pic you posted but with only 3 fins, correct?

yes mate this is an old pic (borrowed) from kk i will take some pics when my new ones arrive to us!

graphic frost ? do you work for bbm? is it true that the dont knife edge the exhaust on there chargers when they port them ?

and looking at that add again the rallye never had a plastic muffler so what are they talking about ?? rallye and plastic mufflers in the same sentance dont sound right to me sorry :lol:

haha. ya darren, dave from kk sent me that pic.. but said the one they stock now is the same but 3 fin. nice to see it was redesigned or i just would have had to cut those extra 3 off. :lol:

i found a crack on the silencer box that was on the car.. so im guessin the rallye will give me a couple more psi than i was expecting :D

the only part of their comparison that actually compares the rsr to the rallye is "The BBM RSR outlet has far less back pressure restriction than the RALLY GOLF adapter outlet" the rest of it is comparing it to the stock silencer box.. hmmm... i wonder why their worded it that way??? :roll:

the restriction that they refer to is the old 6-fin rallye design, not the new 3-fin, and as darren mentioned, the rallye can be further ported just like the rsr can.

I'm a bit new to all this but what is a RSR outlet? how does it work? :oops:

I just copied and pasted what the guy asked a question... mr sales man :wink:

Well whats ur stores return policy?... If i buy both i can see for myself and return the lesser.

No i dont work for them i live by the store.... When im there they do more to help people then to be salesman... You can knock on them all you want it doesnt bother me just makes me wonder why u get so offended.

Well whats ur stores return policy?... If i buy both i can see for myself and return the lesser.

is this post ment for my attention ??

im sure we must all be aware by now that PD and BBM both offer good products of a similar nature.BBM may be more established but thats not to say that PD dont know what they are doing.

is it not better to just state our opinions and take what info we want from that.

Im sure we are all interested in optimum flow and what can be gained from others experiences on both sides of the water.

Darren has always been helpful and not a sales pitcher n i saw his car at weekend-looks alright to me.

Darren- is that a straight samco off the rsr bent of a special tube.

I believe that the 'D' in 'PD' motorsport is for Darren, so I assume he doesn't sweep the floors for money.

Could you two stop taking this thread off on a tangent please and agree to disagree? Ta.

I believe that the 'D' in 'PD' motorsport is for Darren, so I assume he doesn't sweep the floors for money.

True, but I believe he does other things for money..... :D :lol: