Popeye775

Cam Size

Hey guys,

So for christmas I was given a 268 cam and a stage 3 BBM chip. Problem is, this chip calls for a 260 cam. The stage 4 is the 268 cam. How much of a problem would it be to run these two together? I already have everything else for the upgrade, these two things just got a little mixed up. Thanks all

I don’t wanna be responsible for blowing up your engine, but they will run together.  Just as any new setup, it needs tuning for good response and max safe power.  The 260 cam seems to max out at 5500rpm and the 268(@~6000).  IIRC, all that the stage 4 kit added was a higher rev limit with a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator. and smaller pulley.

I’d run the 268 with the stage 3 chip if I had the 4bar regulator installed.

Edited by Bennitoapplebum
Left out some details

On 8/10/2020 at 12:24 AM, Bennitoapplebum said:

I don’t wanna be responsible for blowing up your engine, but they will run together.  Just as any new setup, it needs tuning for good response and max safe power.  The 260 cam seems to max out at 5500rpm and the 268(@~6000).  IIRC, all that the stage 4 kit added was a higher rev limit with a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator. and smaller pulley.

I’d run the 268 with the stage 3 chip if I had the 4bar regulator installed.

So I got ahold of BBM and they basically told me the same thing. I am also running that 4bar pressure regulator and all supporting mods for the stage upgrade. I just wanted to be sure that I didn't need to get a new cam for this chip or a new chip for the cam haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Popeye775 said:

So I got ahold of BBM and they basically told me the same thing. I am also running that 4bar pressure regulator and all supporting mods for the stage upgrade. I just wanted to be sure that I didn't need to get a new cam for this chip or a new chip for the cam haha

Eventually you’d want that higher rev limit chip though.😜 I remember the stage 4 BBM chip giving me a ~7200rpm limit.

Eventually you’d want that higher rev limit chip though. I remember the stage 4 BBM chip giving me a ~7200rpm limit.

Eventually I definitely am going to for NOW I’ll run the stage three though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk