dbelton

Help/Advice required

Hi, looking for some expert advice. I have been lucky enough to drive a Corrado VR6 for the last 28 years. It is not a cherished classic, it has just been my everyday driver/commuter. It is the basic car and has not been modified.

Owing to age related issues (mine and the car’s) I have decided to sell it and buy something I can easily enter and exit. It is showing it’s age, it needs work done to the body, ABS light is on a lot of the time although it does pass it’s MOT and the central dashboard rattles a bit.

The advice I need is simple, should I sell it as it is or would I gain anything by having it renovated. I do not live in a part of the country renowned for it’s car renovation skills. I am assuming that anyone buying it would be a Corrado enthusiast and would prefer to be involved in the restoration themselves. My own mechanical skills are limited to checking the oil, coolant and tyre pressures. Other than that I just open the bonnet and have a look which has never solved anything.

Advice on where to sell would also be appreciated. I do sell on Ebay but not sure I would want to sell a car there. I assume most members on here have cars already so pointless advertising here. Not sure it is good enough for Auto Trader and local press would be useless.

Thanks in anticipation,

Hi,

It would be best to write an honest advert somewhere like ebay or the owners group on facebook and sell it on for project money if that's what the car is (you could put it on here too, not many people use the forum these days but it can't hurt). Any money spent on renovations won't come back to you and arguably you've done the right thing with yours to extract value from it - driven it for 28 years! Bodywork is really expensive as well these days which will sadly drive to many project being broken for spares.

The market is pretty poor generally these days but if the price is right then it will sell in time. 

What is the spec, miles of the Corrado? Leather? I've seen a few projects for sale on the facebook group ranging from £1500-3500. Not sure if they actually sell. Sadly you can pick up a nice enough corrado vr6 for £7ish so that doesn't leave much meat on the bone if bodywork is needed, which with welding works could cost at least 5 figures.