Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Boost hose suppliers?

OK, so I've found out why my G60 has been getting more and more sluggish over the last month or so and has lost that, oh-so-special, urgency she had just after the mapping session...

I've got a blown boost pipe... :cry: :roll: 2" split in the main pipe into the intercooler... :|

So, question time... (which may get made into a sticky) Who supplies boost hoses (rubber OR silicone) and what sort of delivery times can they meet?

My car uses Golf G60 hoses 'cos of the Golf Intercooler, so here's a selection of peeps that I've called so far to try and source the 3 rubber pipes...

VAG will order in for next day, or 5 to 10 working days depending on stock, for £237.96 +VAT! :crazyeyes:

Demon Tweeks - None in stock, but normally £150 for samco with a 5 to 9 week wait!

TSR - checking their suppliers for me - None in stock, 6 weeks wait from Samco, very helpful though...

Dubsport - may have them on the shelf, but the guy who deals with this is on holiday today... :roll: will call me back in the morning none on the shelf, again 6 week wait from Samco...

Jabba - Went off to research the price and phoned back with £281.88 all in for VAG hoses and said that they wouldn't recommend Samco's 'cos they'll just blow off and will cost more anyway... :|

Venom motorsport - Don't sell this kind of thing, but gave me AwesomeGTI and Dubsports number and was generally helpful as normal

Awesome GTI - None in stock, but normally £120 + Vat for Samcos. Again, 5 to 9 week wait... :|

Post up any ideas you have, and I'll add 'em onto the list after calling 'em... 8)

Get yourself a roll of bodge tape, it has been used to fix all kinds of things aeronautical and automotive. :roll: I have a roll in my garage which you may use if you need it. I also have some grey self amalgamating tape which would seal that split pretty much indefinately if required. :mrgreen:

Have a look at http://www.thinkauto.co.uk. I saw some Mocal boost pipes on pitstops website earlier.

Gavin

Talking of self amalgamating tape.... I have some black stuff that I got from a Yacht Chandlers, but its not so great in the engine bay if it gets hot. Is there such a thing a a high temp self amalgamating tape? And if so where would I be able to get some?

yeah, it's held together with a combination of Gaffa tape, self amalgamating tape and luck at the moment so I can push about 6 PSI at the moment before it leaks (better than the 1psi I got on the way to work this morning! :| :roll: ) but the pipe's gone all soggy and nasty so it really does need replacing... :(

Anyone else know of any suppliers? 8)

Ooh, nice find there Jim... it's actually THIS pipe I need, the one you've posted is Rallye only... 8)

I'll talk to Pitstop and G-man tonight/ in the morning to get some ideas from them too... 8)

Well, Feck it... I've just ordered the pipes from Bar-Tek... Cheers for that link Jim... 8)

A smidgen over £300 and I'll have some shiney bits on my engine! :D 8)

Amazing how Google has just bought them £300's worth of business.

They look pukka mate - wanna see em on the car now! :)