Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

G60 Brake Squeal

When I first got my C, the front brakes were crap but there was no squeal at least.

Now I've changed the discs and pads (genuine ATE disc's, pagid FR pads) I'm getting really bad brake squeal when slowing to about 5mph :oops: very embarassing.

I made sure everything was totally clean on reassembly, and emery'd the hub face and back on the disc to ensure a perfect seating. I used copper grease on the back of the pads and all other parts the pad comes in contact with (caliper carriers etc.)

Sometimes it will go a week without squealing, then it will start up again. Damp weather seems to agrievate it, but then they don't squeal in very heavy rain!!

Any clues? could worn caliper slider pins cause this problem?

oh yeah, the anti-squeal shims are in place on the pistons, both are in perfect condition.

Cheers.

Yeah, we'll I took it easy for first 200 miles, then gradually worked them harder.

Maube I'll try taking the pads off, cleaning everything up then reassembling with copper grease again :?

Maube I'll try taking the pads off, cleaning everything up then reassembling with copper grease again

Yep, give the pads a sand if they've gone shiney...