Sign in to follow this  
Skimask

do you know where I can purchase a pair of lowered springs?

Drat...its MOT time and the car failed on a broken spring. The existing springs are lowered (40mm I think).

The problem is most suppliers only sell them in sets of 4. Does anybody know where I can buy a pair of lowered front springs for a 91 16V?

Maybe some of you most excellent members who are in the automotive trade could give me some pionters :lol:

If your gonna just replace one then you'll need to get the same type/make so may be worth asking the manufacturer directly...

But if one has broken then its probably best to change all 4 as they are all the same age and also look for the cause of why it broke in the first place...

i had a front spring snap on my old mr2 it turned out to be caused by a seized top mount bearing so the spring was twisting as i was steering.

:shock:

Unfortunately, Venom only do sets od springs...damn.

My buddy commented "I bet I know where the spring broke"......that's when I remembered the Council had jusr fitted speed bumps and hadn't painted them - no signs on the verge or nothing. I saw them at the last minute and hit the brakes. My buddy was sitting beside me, no seat belt on - I think his head hit the dash then the windscreen..He S**T himself big time. We still laugh about it yet.

Front pair or rear pair, -40mm, 30% uprated ( standard for almost all lowering springs) - £70 posted inc vat. Not the cheapest i know but if you need em they're here :)

0161 877 6355 - danny.

Cheers Guys!

I think I'll buy a real cheap set of springs for the moment. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the car at the moment, and don't have the bucks to renew the suspension. The existing has been on the car for about 4 years.

Thanks guys.