Sign in to follow this  
Bean

Poor Starting

Well it is that time again I have just fixed one problem and something else has gone wrong!! :cry:

I went to start my VR (93) the other night and it started (sort of) it went to about 200rpm and then died. I started it again the same thing but this time with a bit of throttle but there was a big delay!? After a couple of mins with the engin running with my foot on the throttle it was fine.

My first thought was that it was the ISV with the lack of RPM. I took that off today and gave it a dam good clean with carb cleaner. Started her and the same thing happened! :x

So my next thought was that it could be the coil pack. I replaced it about 5-6 mounths ago but that was with a second hand one.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Dan

Ok so I got it checked out on VAG COM and it cam up with

Coolent temp sensor ( which I sorted)

Hall sensor

It seems to be running ok now with the hall sensor fault. How is this possible?

Cheers

Dan

yes it does happen some times. What is the best thing to do just replace it with a new one (how much are they?)

or would it be best to have the sensor out and try and give it a bit of a clean off?

what is VAG COM?

its the diagnostics for checking most early 90's onwards VW's........and sorry yer valver aint covered :(

Cam sensors are about £38 from VW. I'm not sure if they can be cleaned and have never heard of anyone trying to clean one. You could try that but it's probably best to get a new one and be done with it.