Sign in to follow this  
kevin

what the f*** is doing this

about a year ago had a problem with windscreen wipers,everytime i pulled off or accelerated hard they would come on,done all the usuall checks but could not find a problem,gave car to a local vw garage,still they cannot find it, was told by a freind in the trade to take it to a local auto electric garage,he had the car for two days and found a fault in the loom and had to re-wire the hand brake and screen wipers,nice guy only charged £35 and said the fault was there from when the car was built.

Looking at the service history on the car before i purchased it i think he was right ,it had gone back to VW for the same prob since 1989 on many occasion.

Now in the last few days it is happening again,but only when i am giving the car serious welly,driving back home from inters every time i got to a ton on came the wipers,

its a nightmare,feel like a total prat,nice and sunny and wipers on.

please help if you can as totally lossing my faith in corrados.

regards kevin

I'm afraid I can't help.... but :lol: - that is one weird problem! I hope you can sort your gremlin! :new-alien:

mine is kind of similar, if i nail it and get up to the 90 mark the inerior light comes on bloody weird especially in the dark :shock:

Maybe your car has been possessed by a dead policeman?

He's trying to stop you from breaking the law.... :porc:

about a year ago had a problem with windscreen wipers,everytime i pulled off or accelerated hard they would come on,done all the usuall checks but could not find a problem,gave car to a local vw garage,still they cannot find it, was told by a freind in the trade to take it to a local auto electric garage,he had the car for two days and found a fault in the loom and had to re-wire the hand brake and screen wipers,nice guy only charged £35 and said the fault was there from when the car was built.

Looking at the service history on the car before i purchased it i think he was right ,it had gone back to VW for the same prob since 1989 on many occasion.

Now in the last few days it is happening again,but only when i am giving the car serious welly,driving back home from inters every time i got to a ton on came the wipers,

its a nightmare,feel like a total prat,nice and sunny and wipers on.

please help if you can as totally lossing my faith in corrados.

regards kevin

hehe mate i had the same problem,and i fixed it after much time getting pised as the screen washer would come on soo wired :twisted: . WHat you have to do is take off your steering wheel and open up the mechanism of the signal arm,the wiper arm is hte one you need to have a look at,it has a bit which stands out sticking out,this makes hte contact with the other part and wipers start working,this bit of plastic sticking out gets consumed during use and it comes to a point where its not long enough to space the contact plates which make the wipers work,what i did was to heat up this plastic bit with a hot knife and i melted a bit of plastic and tryed to stick it up to make it slightly longer,and it worked. Is really hard to understand it but when you open it up you know what i mean,or you could go and get a new wiper arm(plastic wiper arm on your steering wheel)and replace it,i believe any passat would have the same arm. Be carefull with the ot knife :p hope helps.

lowg that sounds well cool,shall give that a go a.s.a.p,

thanks for your reply m8 as this pi55es me of so much

regards kevin

`i know how you feel,you cant accelerate hard as the wipers would come on and start spraying washer liquid which could be embarassing sometimes :lol:

thanks again m8 if i can i will start tommorow

regards and cheers for the info kevin :lol: :lol: