Sign in to follow this  
doof

Whats the highest ouput (BHP) you can get out of a g60?????

doof, 0-60 times on a G60 are seriously hampered by a crap 2nd gear meaning you need 3rd to hit 60... I got my gearbox rebuilt using a VR6 1st and 2nd gear so that 2nd is longer (hits about 64 now) so managed a measured 7.02 seconds 0-60 in the wet at Bruntingthorpe yesterday... I could probably get it a bit quicker in the dry now that I know how my car handles and reacts a little better now... 8)

A normal G60 box would have added on 1 or 2 seconds to that time... :|

well actually henny, i have a standard gear box on my g60 and in the wet ,on the same day, i got almost the same times as you, in fact my 1/4 was better, .. :p

Just like to point out that NO rolling road figures are accurate in any respect when quoting @ the flywheel, plain and simple. If you want to really know what your engines putting out then put it on an engine dynamometer not a chassis one. Also air temperature/conditions can make a considerable difference.

hmmmm, 33bhp lost in the tyres..... thats 24kW...... i think thats more than enough energy to melt your tyres...

Seriously though... as a rolling road owner i would say only compare power at the wheels... either that or get it on an engine dyno!

My mate's just built a Mk1 2.0 G60 Golf - uses a forged EIP Tuning crank, Ross Pistons, Eurospec flowed head, Schrick cam, Rallye i/c, brand new (0 miles) G-Lader taken out to R1 spec, samco hoses, now with toothed belt pulley kit, uses a 16v box with Quaiffe diff. Engine built by Stealth and awaiting Geoff Everett? from AMD to map it as it's still being run in but owner is hoping for 250bhp+ and similar torque at least?..........(fingers crossed)..... 8)

You beat me to it VALVER...

Id just like to add that this mk1 made 235bhp at the fly with a STANDARD chip and pulley!! Will be looking for way more than 250bhp.......

hmmmm, 33bhp lost in the tyres..... thats 24kW...... i think thats more than enough energy to melt your tyres...

Seriously though... as a rolling road owner i would say only compare power at the wheels... either that or get it on an engine dyno!

agreed. had the rallye on the rollers and transmission losses were 48.5bhp through all four wheels. :lol: not as bad a i thought was running 195/50/15" on the day though...