Sign in to follow this  
castoutintheseventies

Anyone know how to remove the door panel on a 16v 1.8?

Anyone know how to remove the door panel on a 16v 1.8?

Ive undone all the screws etc and the only thing securing now seems to be where the main pull-handle (or whatever its called) for closing the door is, but I can't see how to remove this...

Is there a hidden screw or catch?

Thanks again

John

The top of the handle comes off and theres 2 big srews underneath, I think its best to prise it off starting at the bottom but its been a while since I had it off so not too sure.

Take a flat head screwdriver to the underside of the inside handle. Prise the top half of the handle off and unscrew the two screws. Then slide the suround for the inside door release handle off( not sure which way) and then undo any screws on the edge of the door card. Then just lift it off.

On the later interiors theres also a screw hidden behind the speaker grill, not sure about early interiors.

Don't forget the window winder. Mmmm, maybe thats just me with windy windows :(

The lock button unscrews, and is a pain in the ass to put back on, line it up first and then replace the door panel.

On drivers side the wing mirror connector simply pulls off.

Earlier ones do have a screw inside the speaker cover, and one on the forward edge too, awkward to get at.

The main handle is tight and involves much prising to remove, but it does come off without breaking, honest.

Help im changing door handles and cant find the screws in the speaker cover everyon talks about, all i have in there is a speaker!! Please help its urgent cos my car is in pieces

Inside the speaker enclosure its at the front edge, run your finger round the rim and u should find it.