Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Waterleak?As Sticky. #3. G60-black plastic housings?bigpics!

Lo guys.

I got a leak! Think i found out roughly where its coming from.

Water is collecting behind the dizzy (see first pic) and also behind the other part where the other arrow is.

Second pic is residue below the plastic housing?

Any feedback much appreciated!

Cheers.

Pics Resized!! -- jimsG60

In that first picture, that plastic flange that houses the blue and black temp senders is well known for giving up over time and cracking giving you a coolant leak. There is a list of part numbers which I will attempt to find at some point - you need to replace quite a few parts in that area (few rubber O-rings, the flange, and might as well replace the temp senders too) but that should take care of that one!

replace the black plasitc flange, d the one on the rhs of the block too, cheap fix OEM parts only though, for the hell of it replace the blue and black sensors too. you'll need one off each flange, one of each sensor, 3 seals, 1 sensor blank, and 3 clips. (the new flange has 3 sensor holes)

Yep, as G60Jet, says get all those bits, also a good time to replace the other plastic flange on the RHS of the head and renew the temp senders... Also buy 2 bottles of G12+

Or if you want to go he whole way, get the plastic thermostat housing and new stat, maybe new expansion tank... the list goes on.

Thanks for replies!

Sorry about big pics.

I'll get this sorted asap cos i think coolant mix is very weak :( but temps appear normal :)

I shall advise my mechanic.

Fingers crossed and good bye leak :]

:)

Remember to use genuine VW G12+ coolant!

Don't buy generic stuff and don't accidentally get G12 - if your system was running G11 before hand, G11 and G12 mix together and form a gel which will stuff up your cooling system!