Sign in to follow this  
Peltz

Lysholm, BBM, Rotrex superchargers

Hey.

Anyone got any special deals on the superchargers, In topic? Thinking of changing my G supercharger. It's still good as gold, but been thinking a bit about getting some higher boost, a secure charger, delivering enough pressure, and keeps in it's chassis, if you pull 7000 rpms.. thinking of complete kits, plug and play.

Anyone??

You are aware that Lysholm chargers are loud, BBM sells them complete kit plug and play. Although since they are produced in Sweden you might be able to find some there for cheaper. If installed correctly these chargers arent as noisy. They are rated of producing around 490 cfm at 18000 rpm which is its max safe speed, pretty good number to suffocate the stock 8v sucker :lol:

I heard one of these (several times) at e38... The guy just kept starting it every half hour and reving the fcuk out of it from cold :|

IMO they are way to loud (I mean proper loud) for any sort of road use :?

Ohh yeah, I know their loud, and I know BBM's got complete kits, but at 2499 $ ?? Whould be possible to get it a bit cheaper somewhere...

The 8V should get anough air with a charger like that. I just installed the Golf Rallye FMIC, and feels like I suddenly got some lag, when i push the throttle. Got a SNS No-lag chip, but the lags still there. Think this is becouse the cooler needs some time to fill up, and deliver to the throttle body..a charger that deliver as much air as the lysholm would probably fill this cooler at no time... :D

Ohh yeah, I know their loud, and I know BBM's got complete kits, but at 2499 $ ?? Whould be possible to get it a bit cheaper somewhere...

The 8V should get anough air with a charger like that. I just installed the Golf Rallye FMIC, and feels like I suddenly got some lag, when i push the throttle. Got a SNS No-lag chip, but the lags still there. Think this is becouse the cooler needs some time to fill up, and deliver to the throttle body..a charger that deliver as much air as the lysholm would probably fill this cooler at no time... :D

i think you are mistaken a bit here digi-lag is code for fueling. nothing to do with the airflow.. also how can it take time to fill pipework etc when its allways being thrown back down the boost return of the throttle body when the engine is not using it. ie allways at the t/body so cant be any lag.

a good glader will produce more than enough airflow to feed well over 200bhp even on the standard g60 head.

I have been looking for a twin screw charger for some time now, Whipple in the US has made a kit for the stocker but nothing more, I have been waiting for eaton to make one but I dont htink that will happen, so far all I have seen is the BBM lysolm one, they do also make a silencer kit for the charger that they sell for 2500, its 700 dollars more but it doesnt have the blaring "mile away" whine.

I heard one of these (several times) at e38... The guy just kept starting it every half hour and reving the fcuk out of it from cold :|

There's silencer kits for these, so the sound won't be a problem. Starting up the car, just to push pedal to the metal, reving it for maximum sound, is simply stupid. Even if the charger is maintainence "free", common sense is a thing to consider. Never, ever over 3000 rpm until the engine is 80 C minimum.

I also say throw away your 8v head and get a 16v one and the integration kit from BBM. my plans for a 16V G60 Syncro corrado are all falling into place, thank you BBM, ahahahahahah

it is also possible to fit a kompressor from MB onto these cars, however the MB kompressor on AMG models is a little out of everyones price range despite its capabilities.

it is also possible to fit a kompressor from MB onto these cars, however the MB kompressor on AMG models is a little out of everyones price range despite its capabilities.

from the cooking(230 Kompressor) merc models tho i'd imagine its pretty reasonable cost wise :wink:

isn't the compressor kit that BBM sell the same as some merc kompressors!!

kompressors use eaton chargers, there is a difference, eatons arent as effcient and produce more heat. Lysholms have an internal compression ratio , they produce more boost, more cfm although eatons can be found for much cheaper...

just for the record that was nt mine 8)

i know tegwyn has a few running problems with his so thats may have been why he was revving it, i dont know about saturday but i only heard it a few times on sunday and he was revving it as hard as you describe, it was probably just because its loud.

because there are not that many over here poeple always ask you to start it up so they can here it.

theres quite a lot of different eatons out there, but i think the g-lader is a lot more effeceint than an eaton, i could be wrong and surpose it might not be for all eaton models, but i thought they just blew the air rather than compress it like the lysholm and the g-lader.

also when you start running smaller pulleys on the eatons they are not as effeceint.

one think to keep in mind with the lysholm the only touching parts are a couple of gears and the bearings so they should last a long time with no service intervals

if i was going to put a silencer kit on a lysholm i would have a go at making it myself all you are doing is moving the throttle body before the charger so it limits the amount of air it can suck through.