Sign in to follow this  
Blimey

MFA Settings

There are two settings for the computer, MFA1 and MFA2.

Is MFA1 meant to reset every time the ignition is trurned off and on?

Mfa1 resets if the ignition is off for 2 hours or more. MFA2 only resets by the switch.

with the g60 you get a bonus menu... with actual fuel use, indication of the rev. limiter etc. etc.... that's when you press the mfa button, hold it, turn the key in accesoire.. trun the key back off (keep holding the button) then turn it back on... start the engine and release the mfa button

:lol:

Hans G60.nl, Its Called the MFA check sum

on all models, however, later models had less functions

Here is how its done Borrowed from the CCGB site

Did you know that the MFA (Multi Function Analyser\Indicator) or computer give out even more information than it seems. By using the following method you can get all sorts of extra information from those four little numbers in the middle of the dashboard.

To engage the extra readings, put the key in the ignition and press down the MFA button on the stalk (you'll need two hands for this one). Now turn the key to position II, back to OFF, then back to position II. The readings will now be completely different to what they were. The tables below give details of what you should find in the two positions of the MFA.

Please note these details are only for Corrados produced from 1988 to 1992.

Cars manufactured after 1992 (93 models) will only show the Fuel Consumption, Outside Air Temperature and oil temperature.

MFA switch, Position 1

1 . Engine Map Code

2 . Country Code

3 . Speedo Drive Ratio

4 . Upper RPM Limiter

5 . Lower RPM Limiter

6 . Deceleration fuel shutoff pressure

7 . Segment Test

MFA switch, Position 2

1 . Test sum of programmed bytes

2 . Intake manifold vacuum/pressure

3 . Engine RPM

4 . Momentary fuel consumption

5 . Signal from Speed sensor

6 . Oil temperature

7 . Ambient temperature

my mfa was working fine but without warning has "stuck" and displays the time and mfa2. Pressing the button or switching 1 to 2 achieves nothing???!!! Any idea's?? :( :(

I had this problem after I got my alarm fitted. The plug under the steering cloumn that connects the MFA to where it needs to go has probably come loose. All you need to do is remove the lower part of the dash at the drivers side and you should see the plug hanging out. I'm pretty sure it can only go in one place so it shouldn't be too hard. The guy who fitted my alarm sorted it so you might have to remove a couple more bits to get to it. Hope this helps, let me know how you get on, Grim