Sign in to follow this  
skid

THE Wheel page

biggrim,

Good luck picking up a set of Superleggra's... I posted on a Saxo forum (yeah yeah, quit with the jokes already) as I think they really suit most french cars (seen them on a few Clio's and Saxo's) and I had considered getting some if I was feeling particularly rich. A really tidy Saxo VTR was up for sale near me, basically unmolested apart from a set of those alloys and they actually did suit the car a treat.

A few people posted back to let me know that Oz have stopped production of the Superleggra and that they are getting quite difficult to find these days. Apparently there was some minor defect in the moulds for them, and they ceased production with a redesign pending. Good luck finding a set if you decide to go for em! :)

Biggrim with the steel rims,

Int your chin spoiler on the wrong end??? :scratch: :lol:

Also, Performancewalloys.com, I can highly recommend them. Bought mine there, and turned out they were just up the road from me. Had the wheels very quickly, (next day pickup, though they usually post 'em, and do that the next day too!).

Also provided wheel nuts and spacers free of charge.

yeah, the guy before me put it on the back for a cheap alternative to a rear diffuser. Getting new front chin spoiler soon (50mm) and removing the one at the back as soon as I can afford a new back-box for me exhaust. It was performance alloys I spotted the rims but can't afford them just now... car need a respray first!!! Being a student is baws :cry:

Here's before and after piccys of mine.

Its amazing what a difference they make, both in appearance and handling. Though I do notice a very slight reduction in acceleration over the tiny 14" !!! (though the slightly larger rolling radius means I'm going faster anyway :scratch: )

For more pics see the update on my thread in the gallery.

Just thought I would show you what my TSW Fly 17's look like on My C.

It has been l;owered 35/40mm.

Cheers

Sorry brian

i'm at work and i often write too fast.

i'm going to add that to my mod list

cheers mate

No problem bud! :wink: :lol:

Good luck with the brakes, you'll love 'em! :twisted:

here is mine on koni coilovers :lol:

Yeah, but isn't it supposed to be the wheels your showing us?

I could just about guess what they are but that's about it.....

It would leave alot of people confused.

Sweet ride height though 8)

Are you running spacers?

Believe it or not these are my dream wheels!

Yes I know 17s would look better but my 16valvers ride was awful with 17s.

The suspension is new Boge gas shocks all round with H&R 30mm drop springs and the ride is now on the firm side of acceptable.

Very ,very nice......thats the way i like it ,just very subtle changes. :D

How much did you pay for the set,knowing it was BBS bet they were not cheap. :shock:

Thankfully I run a tyre and exhaust centre and we sell an awful lot of alloys so I got a good deal direct from the importers.

Still cost me over 500 quid though (plus tyres!)

It was all worthwhile when I saw them on though.

Just got to keep them clean now. :p

Fancy gettin a fellow raddo owner a price for a set then :D .........remember i am from Aberdeen....home of the tightfisted gits :shock:

BEFORE

DSCN0124.jpg

AND AFTER

my%20c%20with%20new%20wheels.JPG

they are ATS rims which cost me £250 and the toyo proxes cost me £250 for a set of 205/40/17 both bought from inters

what is inters mate?

Inters is short For GTi International. The biigest VW show on the calender. Massive weekender. Good deals, Great Fun, Sweet Cars, I spent Too Much!!! :lol:

I recognised your Avatar before you said it was a Punto By the Way. I'd Seen the photo Before on the Punto Forum. My Mates on it as Blink_82uk, You recognise it?

Nice car. You'll Like the G60 Tho :wink:

oh and here's a better pic "borrowed from vwvortex" of my borbet a's they are 9-16" with et15mm with 205/40/16"s in case anyone wanted to know.. :lol:borbet_a.jpg

Darren, what sort of brakes have you got behind them?

Does anybody know if the wheels will clear the brembo's from an ibiza cupra R?

Thanks

oh and here's a better pic "borrowed from vwvortex" of my borbet a's they are 9-16" with et15mm with 205/40/16"s in case anyone wanted to know.. :lol:borbet_a.jpg

Darren, what sort of brakes have you got behind them?

Does anybody know if the wheels will clear the brembo's from an ibiza cupra R?

Thanks

I doubt that 16" Borbet As will clear the Brembo conversion... I've got 7.5x16 Borbet Cs and they only clear with the use of a small spacer... even then it's tight... the extra curve IN of the end of the A's spokes may well catch on the calipers in the conversion... :?

My conversion turned up from Badger5 this morning, so I've almost got ALL of the parts I need to rebuild the car now! 8)