Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

oil pressure light/beep on all the time.

alright, so i ended up buying a corrado last night. this engine is quite nice. the charger only has 1,500 miles on it. it is a stage 4 Kompressor Canada charger, SNS chip etc. the only problem i have found is that the oil pressure light and the beeping will go on most of the time while driving. it only stops when i hit a bump or something that moves the car a little. i think that it is just a bad connection on a wire somewhere. i know it isnt anything mechanically because everything related to that sensor has been replaced. oil pump etc. let me know what you guys think. i am already tired of the beeping and i have only driven the car for maybe 3 hours total.

oil pressure senders are:

1) on top of the oil filter header

2) on the oil supply line to the supercharger on the right hand side of the head as you look at it from the front of the car.

Replace both of these (they're only gonna cost you a few dollars each) and make sure the wires to them are OK too... 8)

That should sort it out for you... :)

Oh, and as a side note, does the MFA show the oil temp properly? if it doesn't, it could be that the oil temp and oil pressure wires have been swapped over on the 2 sensors on top of the oil filter header! :roll: :lol: Seen this one before... ;)

the MFA is reading fine for the temp. so it must be either a bad sensor or a wire with a bad connection somewhere. i think it is probably the wire only because of when hitting bumps it stops for a bit. another thing i just noticed, i drove the car this morning to work and its around a 20 mile drive, the light/beep didnt go off for 95% of the drive. kind of odd...now i am curious if it has to do with the car being up to temp (warmed up)???

Mine would only do it after I gave it a bit of right foot. I replaced all my sensors and found it got slightly better. I found mine to be the cam cover gasket. It was loosing oil pressure out the back of it.

i found it, the previous owner has spliced the line coming off of the low pressure sensor for some reason and it was a bad connection. problem solved! yay no more constant beep.