Sign in to follow this  
skoobadude

Corrado 2L 8v - what's it worth?

A mate wants to sell his Corrado and as resident VW dude has asked me for advice - Corrado's have not been my thing so I'm pretty clueless, any advice greatly appreciated.

It's an M plate in good nick, 16 inch 5 spokes, 2litre 8valve motor, ABS, deep metallic green, dark coloured interior - has a Karmann badge on the gearbox surround but I don't know if that's different to any other 'rado?

Goes really well and has 12 months MOT. It's got a small dent in the rear panel just under the rear hatch, 82k and a sony CD player, tax is Oct04 at the moment.

Stainless back box that I can see, haven't checked full system.

Needs an indicator lens on the front and the wheels are Fondmetal not OEM and are a little bit tatty.

Any words of wisdom will be greatly received - what's it worth?

Cheers, H

Hm.. well its not going to go for a lot of money to be honest. All Corrado's had the little Karmann badge if that helps - they were all built by Karmann Coachworks and not by VW! The 8v is kind of a weird Corrado hybrid because it doesn't really have performance to speak of, but it has a strong reliable engine and all of the later design features - the redesigned front end and the better later interior.

What kinda service history has it got?

If he could get the wheels cleaned refurbed and maybe clean up some of the small blemishes maybe he should try and market it at £3,500 - With little problems ironed out it would give sellers less to haggle over, and hopefully get him a much better price!

Crikey another 2 litre 8v - thats two in three months i've heard of :D

The 8v was invented for woman to do the shopping and there ain't that many about..... I think this should bouy values, shame your mate can't hang onto it - i'd put it a bit higher £4k, but you need to find an enthusiast buyer.

Crikey another 2 litre 8v - thats two in three months i've heard of :D

The 8v was invented for woman to do the shopping and there ain't that many about..... I think this should bouy values, shame your mate can't hang onto it - i'd put it a bit higher £4k, but you need to find an enthusiast buyer.

teknik??? expert teknik??