Sign in to follow this  
geordiedubber

Supersports any good ??

I've got 'em on my G60 and I'm happy with 'em... they're a little bit bouncy, but are 10000% better than the crap I had on the car when I got it... :|

They fit nicely and are a doddle to set up... seem nicely made too, and aren't mega harsh or too firm either... 8)

yeah, they're hard, but not fillings looseningly so... You aren't gonna get factory ride quality on £340 of coilovers... With suspension, you really do get what you pay for, although I'd actually value these a little more than they sell for... 8)

I've had mine set at around 40mm lower than standard, but I got a mate at a local pro-race garage to cornerweight the car (set the coil overs so that each wheel has an exact proportion of the weight on it) to get the absolute best out of the handling I could get... 8)

The general rule of thumb with coilovers is that the lower you get, the bouncier, harder and harsher the ride tends to get...

mine too :wink:

can be a bit bumpy, but wallowing around at 120mm drop just wouldn't work would it :roll:

like henny says the lower you go the bumpier/stiffer they get but thats the point, you need them to..

Bottom Line - BUY EM 8)

I had a nightmare with them and venom very nicely alloed me to trade up to FK Koni. They bounced all over the place. Give 16vG60 a pm who is a registered MOT inspector for his opinion on them.

bottom line is this:

Some people don't like 'em, some people do... They ARE one of the cheapest coil-over sets out there, so as long as you take that into account and don't expect the best ride quality in the world, then you shouldn't be too disappointed... ;)

I'm not sure what happened with Woody's setup (and I still feel slightly guilty as I reccommended them to him) but he had 2 sets of 'em on his, and neither were any good for him which is why he went for the FKs... it's possible he just got 2 sets out of a dodgy batch, I dunno, but I do know that I've been very happy with mine so far... 8)

Tell you what henny everything i buy whether it being a DVD or packet of screws from B&Q i always seem to get the bit that was made on friday afternoon after four pints of wife beater down the pub. Geodiedubber you will have to make your own mind up mate but quite a few people have them on this forum and for a entry level kit they do the job althrough being middle thirites my fillings could not take it.

got the supersports on mine and they r a bit hard and bouncy but mine re loosening up. does look cool too. mine is quite low at the moment so i might raise them up a bit but i have no idea whether this will affect the ride at all. :D