Sign in to follow this  
CrazyMan

Brake Problem...

My ABS warning light has been on for ages, the garage told me just the sensor needs replacing and i havent got round to sorting it out yet.

The other day the warning light went out and i thought 'great it may have been a loose wire or something..' anyways its started to go on and off on and off and just today when i applied the breaks my pedal started twitching at me and it was almost like the pedal was fighting back at me and not allowing me to apply full breaking, as you can imagine it scared the crap out of me when rapidly approaching other cars in front..

Any ideas if this could be related to the ABS??

Cheers.

not sure if this is what your saying?? when abs is working,under hard braking the pedal pulses...so the the wheels dont lock...it is very noticable that it does it and its completly normal

did the car stop properly when it happened??....you should find with the light ON the wheels will skid in wet conditions....light OFF it should just pulse the pedal and the wheels do not skid until under 5mph

If the light is one there is a problem Get it fixed its not worth the risk imho. ABS should be looked at buy someone that know what they are doing. however you can clean the sensors on the wheels, check the fluid etc.

clean em with a damp rag..like white spirit....you can also sometimes get away with jet washing em..point the nozzle in that direction

btw clean em on the car...they usually break if you try to take em off