Sign in to follow this  
Blown

Wheel question

Thinking about putting a new set on the car and I qiute fancy Porsche turbo replicas.

As these probably only come with a five stud fitment,can I get adaptors from somewhere to fit them to a G60?

Would I be able to fit 18s if I ran an ultra low profile tyre, without having to work the arches,bearing in mind the car has been lowered by around 35mm?

If not I'm quite happy to stick to 17s. :)

dont know about the fronts, but could you fit discs on the back that have a porsche stud pattern?

or even the whole stub axles (like we used to do with mk1 golfs, fitting mk2 rear discs)

theRuler, You wouldn't be able to pull off a trick like the MKI/MKII rear brakes trick with Porsche bits...

Porsche = RWD or 4WD, so they don't have a rear stub axle, and the rear brakes are designed for driven hubs, not freewheeling ones... :?

nope... not that I know of... VW/Audi are all 100 or 112 PCD, porsche are 120 IIRC... Adaptors are definately the way to go... 8)

Blown, send Dubwhizz a PM, he's just fitted Porsche Design90's to his G60 Golf and got a good deal on a set of adaptors... 8)