Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

Intercooler Fitment(now with pics!!)

Just got a new intercooler for my C. Its off an audi 2.5 TDI. I am going to fit it in the coming weeks and I am looking for a bit of advice on fitment ideas!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

where exactlly are you planning on mounting it ? that isnt going to go infront of the rad.

ooooooooook. not what I was wanting to hear. I was told it could go but only with some modding. Do I take it by your responses I should substitue some for LOTS! :shock:

I knew it would require pipe work.......work

Is it worth even trying, or is a case of it being a wasted day taking everything off just to find it wont fit?

Not knowing a great deal about intercooler working, I presume that not placing in the front of the C would reduce the working capacity? Does it need a direct flow of air??

:( :(

sorry but i hope you didnt pay to much for it . in my honest opinion it will not work well on your corrado.

Great. Guess that will teach me for impulse buying. Been saving for months for this C up till now been happy with all purchases! :(

Dont suppose anyone has an Audi 2.5 TDI they need a new intercooler for? I have one which aint much use to me :roll:

Thanks for the advice tho guys, at least it saves me a day of cursing at that the thing.

Rich1, You're going to have to mess around with the pipework, whichever cooler that you get. Will this cooler not fit into the same location that the existing cooler fits into ??

Rich, give me a call before you go for another impulse purchase, your theory is good but the parts chosen are not suitable. There have been many permutations of improved intercooler installation onto the G60, many of them documented on this forum. It would be best to discuss your requirements before proceeding with a purchase.

Thanks for the advice guys, guess I should be old enough to know the dangers of impulse buying! I was told it would fit into the existing (with some modding) space. I believe the hoses come off so that might assist in the fitment. The guy who I brought it off says his mates runs one in his C, so I have asked for pics to help me. As I have it I might just try anyway. Any basic rules I need to keep in mind? Does it matter which way round it goes, etc?

Sorry if this is a silly question but its my first foray into forced induction motoring!

Rich, sure most things can be made to fit with time and enough money. The question i would ask first however is what gain will be had from said component. Surely if you are to be going to all this effort would it not be better to fit an intercooler that will give the best fit, with minimal effort and yield maximum gain? I don't want to rain on your parade, but moreover, would rather see you sorted properly rather than persue Hobson's choice therein compounding an allready flawed decission.